Applications Now Available for a Chance to be Featured in Orlando’s 6th Annual Recycled Fashion Show
Keep Orlando Beautiful is seeking local fashion designers and artists to create innovative looks made from materials that would otherwise be headed to the landfill or recycling facility. The designs will be featured at the Trash 2 Trends runway event, a fundraiser for Keep Orlando Beautiful, bringing the fashion and art world together with the environmental community to promote and inspire sustainability.
This event is part of the City’s continued efforts to be one of the most sustainable cities in America to ensure Orlando’s natural resources and amenities are protected for residents and future generations to come.
- Wednesday, October 31, 2018 – Applications to participate in Trash2Trends are due
- Early November 2018 – Selected designers will be notified
- Saturday, February 2, 2019 – Trash 2 Trends Fashion Fundraiser
More information will be provided upon artist selection.
- Be wildly creative. Make wearable fashion from discarded items. Stretch your thinking about how fashion can be more sustainable.
- Materials must be “trash” items headed to the landfill or recycling facility, but think outside the bin and repurpose items that have little use. Go big!
- Binding techniques such as sewing, glue, tape and wire are allowed.
- Materials can be written on, printed on, painted on, dyed, manipulated, etc.
- Zippers, buttons, fasteners are permitted.
- If your fashion includes accessories (bags, hats, belts, etc.), they must follow the guidelines as well.
- Consider the “wearability” of your look when a model is wearing it and walking down a runway.
Go to cityoforlando.net/trash2trends for an online application, rules/guidelines, requirements and more information on Keep Orlando Beautiful and the Trash 2 Trends fashion show.